Making Sense of New DER Business Models
VP of Corporate Development Powerstream Inc.
March 15, 2016 at 2PM EDT
Public power utilities are working with cutting-edge energy storage innovators to dispel the notion that a growing reliance upon distributed energy resources (DER) will lead to the much talked about utility death spiral. A number of projects in New York and other geographies are testing the waters for creative partnerships between consumers/prosumers, utilities, and private sector vendors. Companies such as Sunverge and PowerStream, Inc. are laying down the groundwork for new DER business models that highlight how advanced batteries are helping to create the grid of the future.
In this webinar, Peter Asmus, principal research analyst at Navigant Research, Ken Munson, CEO of Sunverge, and Neetika Sathe, vice president of Corporate Development at PowerStream, will explore various efforts to monetize value streams provided by both utilities and third parties. They will also showcase projects that span aggregation and optimization technologies, such as nanogrids, microgrids, and virtual power plants (VPPs).
- New emerging DER business models
- Creative pairings of solar PV with advanced batteries
- Growing linkages between nanogrids, microgrids, and VPPs
- Benefits of DER models for utilities
What does this webinar answer?
- Why are new distributed energy resources (DER) business models emerging?
- Why do public power utilities have unique advantages in regards to innovating DER programs?
- Why has energy storage emerged as a vital gateway technology for new DER business models?
- How big is the DER market in terms of capacity and development revenue?
- What are the distinguishing characteristics of nanogrids, microgrids, and virtual power plants (VPPs)?
Who needs to attend?
- Microgrid developers
- Microgrid integrators
- Energy storage providers
- Smart grid vendors
- State regulators
- Investor community
[wpsm_button color=”orange” size=”big” link=”http://microgridmedia.com/navigant-microgrid-webinar” icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank”]Sign Up[/wpsm_button]
Microgrid Media is a leading news organization following the distributed energy transition.